Cinnamon Swapple Apple Pie
A pie to leave you satisfied!
This miniature apple pie uses our whole-food, 6-ingredient Cinnamon Swapples® for the crust, and won't send your blood sugar crashing. Paleo, vegan, and gluten-free - perfect for the holidays, or an any day craving!
- 2 tsp ghee (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 apple of your choice, sliced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Cinnamon Swapples®
For the filling:
- Melt the ghee in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the sliced apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Stirring often to prevent burning, cook until the apples become softened and golden.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
For the crust and pie:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Microwave 2 Cinnamon Swapples® for 1 minute 30 seconds, until softened and thawed through center. If they still are not soft, microwave in 30 second increments until they are.
- Place the Swapples on a cutting board, and flatten with a rolling pin until the Swapples are about a 1/4 of an inch thick (Note: no rolling pin? Use a roll of tin foil or plastic wrap!)
- Spray one mold of a muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Form one of the flattened Swapples into to the bottom of the mold to form the base of the crust.
- Pour in the apple filling a little above the height of the crust.
- Add the second Swapple as a topper (you may need to cut off the edges of the Swapple – looks like you get to treat yourself with a mid-recipe snack!)
- Bake for 5 minutes until the crust is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.