It is our duty to detail our control and production processes to the best of our ability so that you can make an informed decision about purchasing and enjoying Swapples.
We recently transitioned to a certified gluten-free facility! If you see our new boxes with the certified gluten-free logo on the front, this means that that box was produced in this new facility. NOTE: This facility does process gluten, dairy, egg, tree nuts, peanuts, shellfish, fish and soy. While that might seem confusing, the facility is certified gluten-free, as are Swapples, because they frequently undergo routine third-party audits to verify their allergen management. In addition to this, we take several precautions to prevent cross-contact.
- The equipment that our waffles are baked on was purchased from new, and has never come into contact with any ingredient other than the ingredients used to make our five flavors of Swapples.
- Swapples are produced in a separate room that is dedicated to gluten-free production ONLY. The area is walled off from all other parts of the facility.
- After each production run, the entire room is hosed down to remove any remaining food particles.
- All gluten-free ingredients are sealed and have a different storage area than gluten-containing ingredients.
- All shared supplies are washed then sanitized at high temperatures to remove all food particles, then inspected.