It is our duty to detail our control and production processes to the best of our ability so that you can make an informed decision about purchasing and enjoying Swapples.
The facility that Swapples are made in does produce other products that contain gluten, dairy, egg, tree nuts, peanuts, shellfish, fish and soy. However, the facility is certified gluten-free, as are Swapples, because it frequently undergoes routine third-party audits to verify its allergen management of all allergens, including gluten. This involves strict separation of ingredients, as well as allergen swab testing before and after each production run. In addition to this, we take several precautions to prevent cross-contact.
- The equipment that our waffles are baked on was purchased from new, and has never come into contact with any ingredient other than the ingredients used to make all flavors of our Swapples.
- Swapples are produced in a separate room that is dedicated to gluten-free production ONLY. The area is walled off from all other parts of the facility.
- After each production run, the entire room is hosed down to remove any remaining food particles.
- All gluten-free ingredients are sealed and have a different storage area than gluten-containing ingredients.
- All shared supplies are washed then sanitized at high temperatures to remove all food particles, then inspected.