Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Skewers
Need a quick sweet tooth fix for you or some little ones? Look no further than these real-food, refined-sugar free dessert skewers complete with Cinnamon Swapples, strawberries, dates, and an all-natural chocolate sauce!
- 2 Cinnamon or Blueberry Swapples, toasted per box instructions and cooled to room temperature
- 8 dates, pitted
- 8 strawberries, stems removed
- The Date Lady Chocolate Spread, to drizzle*
*don't have this? Melt 3 Tbsp coconut oil, 6 Tbsp cacao powder and 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup together and voila!
- Prepare your Swapples by microwaving them until defrosted through the center (about 2 minutes, 1 minute if you do one at a time), then toasting for 10 minutes in a toaster or oven. Alternatively, toast for 20-25 minutes from frozen.
- When your Swapples are done toasting, cut each one in half lengthwise. Then, cut each half in half again, creating quarters.
- Place one date onto your first skewer, followed by a strawberry, then a quarter of a Swapple. Repeat this one more time so that there are six pieces total on the skewer.
- Repeat with the remaining skewers until you have 4 total.
- Drizzle with The Date Lady chocolate spread (or your own!)