Spicy Cashew Cheese Dip
Can't do dairy? We've got you covered. This dip is made entirely from cashews and a handful of other simple, plant-based ingredients - just like our Swapples!
- 4 Garlicky Greens, Tomato Basil, or Everything Swapples
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups water, filtered
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
*in a pinch? Do a quick soak by adding the cashews to boiling water, and boil for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Prepare your Swapples by microwaving them until defrosted through the center (about 2 minutes, 1 minute if you do one at a time), then toasting for 10 minutes in a toaster or oven. Alternatively, toast for 20-25 minutes from frozen.
- While your Swapples are toasting, place the rest of the ingredients into a blender, and blend on high for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down to low.
- Stirring often to prevent sticking or burning, allow the dip to reduce to your desired thickness. This should only take a few minutes. If it gets too thick, thin it out by stirring in some more water, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Season with more salt or cayenne as desired.
- Serve warm with your toasted Swapples or other favorite snack!